Packed with technology to enhance your ride performance and comfort, the Knight Composites 50 TLA Carbon Clincher Disc Chris King R45 Wheelset has the sleek aesthetics to match. The rim has been designed in collaboration with Schwalbe and is aero optimised for 25mm tyres, a popular choice with amateurs and professionals alike. For riders that want to enhance comfort further or take their bike onto the rougher terrain, it's possible to fit tyres up to 32mm wide.
Utilising Knight's unique patented TLA (Tubeless-Aero) rim profile, it's easier and quicker to install tubeless tyres. The centre channel and reduced wall height make it easy to mount the tyres and 'hookless' internal rims lock down the beads, providing twice as large a sealing surface as traditional 'hooked' designs. There is no need for an air compressor and the tyres can simply be inflated with a track pump.
TEAM (Trailing Edge Aerodynamic Manipulation) takes into consideration the wheels' shape and how the air moves across the wheel, rider and bike as a whole system. The result is enhanced aerodynamics and stability; reducing drag, creating lift and providing free watts that can make all the difference to your performance come race day.
The EPS Molding System ensures internal surfaces are smooth and consistent and, in combination with the aerospace-grade Toray carbon fibre used, enhances strength and stiffness, and reduces overall weight.
These wheels are fast, and performance is further enhanced by the addition of top-end Chris King R45 hubs. Engaging almost instantly and translating all your watts into speed, these hubs roll incredibly smoothly thanks to the stainless steel bearings and offer an unmatched ride feel.
Connected via Sapim CX Ray spokes, these wheels are strong and built to last. Compatible with Shimano and SRAM 9,10 and 11-speed setups, they will be the perfect complement to your disc build road bike.
- Trailing Edge Aerodynamic Manipulation (T.E.A.M.) creates a faster, more predictable ride
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) moulding system increases strength and stiffness and reduces weight
- Developed in collaboration with Schwalbe
- Manufactured with Knight's patent-pending internal rim profile, making tyre installation easier
- Provides both a pneumatic and mechanical locking system
- Industry-leading sealing surface with an optimised aero profile
- Tyre compatibility: Clincher, tubeless
- Braking type: Disc
- Rim: EPS Moulded carbon fibre
- Rim depth: 50mm
- Internal rim width: 19.5mm
- Hubs: Chris King R45 hubs with stainless steel bearings
- Cassette compatibility: Shimano/SRAM
- Speed: 9,10 and 11-speed cassettes
- Spokes: Sapim CX Ray spokes
- Spoke count: 24 (front) / 24 (rear)
- Axle type: Quick-release
- Wheelset weight (without tyres): 1625g